The Champion Equipment Team is comprised of Champion Equipment Company and Champion Equipment Sales. Champion Equipment Company (CEC) is a global leader in the design and construction of custom drilling tools and equipment, including: augers, drilling and cleanout buckets, core barrels, soil mixing tools, sectional casing, tremie pipes and racks, bits and teeth. Champion Equipment Company also handles Kelly Bar repairs. Leveraging our 60+ years of in-field experience, along with engineering research and innovation, we provide comprehensive equipment solutions that enable foundation drilling contractors to achieve unmatched productivity in any soil condition or work environment.
Champion Equipment Sales (CES) is an agent for today’s innovative manufacturers of deep foundation drilling equipment; Soilmec and LEFFER. CES provides ground engineering consultation and unmatched 24/7 support to their foundation drilling clients.
Why Choose Us?
Experience — For over six decades, Champion has been working with drilling contractors to custom-built tooling for virtually every type of ground condition imaginable. Our staff of engineers has over 75 years of combined experience in rock cutting and drilling, giving us the knowledge and capabilities to respond to the unique needs of any jobsite or piece of equipment.
Expertise — Our qualified staff of engineers and equipment experts uses sophisticated 2-D and 3-D software to design precisely tuned tools for particular drilling conditions, drilling machines, and terrain. By combining this expertise with in-field collaboration, we build customized products that allow our customers to achieve maximum throughput.
Product Quality — Champion tools are built from a combination of high-strength T1 steel, hardface material, mild steel, and custom-selected cutting bits for quality and reliability at a reasonable price. Our world-class welders specialize in our proprietary manufacturing process which creates tough, dependable drilling tools that can hold up to even the most demanding work environments.
State of the Art Tools — Champion welders are certified to American Welding Society (AWS) standards and can employ the right technique to meet any equipment need. This includes submerged arc welding, flux core welding, and heliarc welding, complemented by CNC plasma and oxy fuel cutting machines. We also utilize laser and Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM) to ensure precise alignment of parts.
Service — At Champion, we don’t just sell drilling tools and parts, we deal with emergencies. If you have a tool or part that’s creating downtime, we can help. From phone consultations to repairs, to onsite inspections, we go above and beyond to ensure that your equipment stays up and running so you can get the job done safely, quickly, and cost-effectively.
All of Champion’s tools are fabricated in our 70,000 square foot, state-of-the-art, manufacturing facility. The facility includes 16 overhead cranes, four 700-ton hydraulic presses, numerically controlled plate and shape rollers; and a full machining, welding, and cutting shop. Having our own facility gives us end-to-end control of products and allows us to push tooling through the design and manufacturing process faster than our competitors.
We utilize only the best equipment available to manufacture our tools, including:
- Twenty welding machines; supporting SCAW, FCAW, GMAW, PULSED GMAW, and GTAW welding processes.
- Three submerged arc welders with the capacity to weld 20-foot-long seams in a single pass.
- Six, semi-automatic and automatic cutting machines supporting oxyfuel, plasma, and CNC cutting processes.
- Eight semi-automatic saws and hydraulic ironworker machines.
- Four hydraulic presses up to 700-ton capacity for cold and hot forming of steel, alloy steel, stainless steel, and aluminum plate. Maximum plate size 7 ft. x 10 ft.
- Four plate and shape rolls with numeric control for curving steel up to ten feet wide and up to two and one-half inches thick.
- Six machines for turning, drilling, milling and machining operations.
- Computerized Total Station survey/ layout instrument with laser indicator and data collector.
- Laser Tracker CMM for inspection volume up to one hundred meters in radius and a measurement accuracy to ± 0.0006”.
- Twenty-six personal computers, connected by four network servers, supporting BIM, AutoCAD, CAD, Tekla BIM Structures, and Job Boss ERP.